We have been using BENW 9.0, build 4202 for some time now, backing up to a
VXA2 system. We do a full backup on Saturday, and differential backups Monday
through Thursday. Weekday tapes are used all month, with the first backup
of the month set to overwrite and the rest set to append. I have one set
of daily tapes for even-numbered months and one for odd.

Two weeks ago, the Wednesday, Thursday and weekend backups finished with
the following message:

Job completed: With ERROR - Media format inconsistency has been detected.
(24616)

Monday and Tuesday backups always finish normally. It appears that everything
is backed up normally, and this is some sort of bogus message, but I am puzzled
as to its origin and how to fix it. Veritas' knowlegebase is no help.

Any ideas?

Richard