Unix agent on Redhat - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unix agent on Redhat - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have just installed the Unix Agent to /usr/local/bkupexec/. The agent.be and agent.cfg files are in the directory. Also, the appropriate modification to my /etc/services file was made by the INSTALL program. My quesiton is, how is the agent started ...

  1. Unix agent on Redhat

    I have just installed the Unix Agent to /usr/local/bkupexec/. The agent.be
    and agent.cfg files are in the directory. Also, the appropriate
    modification to my /etc/services file was made by the INSTALL program.

    My quesiton is, how is the agent started at boot time? I'm used to using
    chkconfig and ntsysv to turn services on and off. How would I turn the
    agent off or uninstall it from my system? Were any other modifications made
    to my system during the install process?

    The documentation in the Administrator's Guide wasn't very helpful.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Unix agent on Redhat

    If you used the INSTALL utility then the agent should start
    automatically when you boot.

    To uninstall, I guess just delete /etc/bkupexec

    You can stop|start the agent whenever you need to.

    ps -ef|grep agent

    This will show the PIDs for the agent, if it's running. There should
    be two.

    kill

    This will stop the agent. Use the lower number PID from the output
    from ps.

    To start the agent manually, cd /etc/bkupexec, then ./agent.be &

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread