BE 9.1 for Netware 6 causes system hook - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.1 for Netware 6 causes system hook - Veritas Backup Exec ; We just installed BE 9.1 for Netware and since then, the server is now abending about twice a week. I noted that it was partly due to the OFM.NLM files as they were being recorded as causing a system hook ...

  1. BE 9.1 for Netware 6 causes system hook

    We just installed BE 9.1 for Netware and since then, the server is now
    abending about twice a week.

    I noted that it was partly due to the OFM.NLM files as they were being
    recorded as causing a system hook over and over.

    We unloaded this, but we are still experiencing errors, and multiple
    abends.

    Netware 6, SP5, all latest patches etc...
    BE 9.1, probably not the most up to date, but hard to believe that it would
    be fixed with any patch work.

    Anything that we can look at here?

  2. Re: BE 9.1 for Netware 6 causes system hook

    Further insight here, this goes back to Sept 2004 and we were told to add in
    JAVA 1.4 to the server. We did, and for about 4 months, it seemed to be
    fine.

    >>> Robert Verones 22/02/2005 8:54:59 am >>>

    We just installed BE 9.1 for Netware and since then, the server is now
    abending about twice a week.

    I noted that it was partly due to the OFM.NLM files as they were being
    recorded as causing a system hook over and over.

    We unloaded this, but we are still experiencing errors, and multiple
    abends.

    Netware 6, SP5, all latest patches etc...
    BE 9.1, probably not the most up to date, but hard to believe that it would
    be fixed with any patch work.

    Anything that we can look at here?

  3. Re: BE 9.1 for Netware 6 causes system hook

    Robert
    > We just installed BE 9.1 for Netware and since then, the server is now
    > abending about twice a week.
    >
    > I noted that it was partly due to the OFM.NLM files as they were being
    > recorded as causing a system hook over and over.
    >
    > We unloaded this, but we are still experiencing errors, and multiple
    > abends.
    >
    > Netware 6, SP5, all latest patches etc...
    > BE 9.1, probably not the most up to date, but hard to believe that it would
    > be fixed with any patch work.
    >
    > Anything that we can look at here?

    I would certainly update to the latest build (1152.4) first of all -
    since that includes updated OFO modules and a whole host of fixes rolled
    in since the earlier builds of 9.1

    If that doesn't resolve, try posting a complete latest ABEND from the
    ABEND.LOG in here so we can have a look see what's going on....also give
    an idea of just what's happening at the time of the ABEND.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  4. Re: BE 9.1 for Netware 6 causes system hook

    Thanks, will do the updates and see what happens in the abend log.

    >>> Michael 02/22/05 12:09 PM >>>

    Robert