Groupwise mail volume on the cluster - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Groupwise mail volume on the cluster - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello Could we run OFO to backup those GroupWise open file on a cluster volume ? Thanks P. Tran...

  1. Groupwise mail volume on the cluster

    Hello
    Could we run OFO to backup those GroupWise open file on a cluster volume ?
    Thanks
    P. Tran

  2. Re: Groupwise mail volume on the cluster

    Ptran
    > Could we run OFO to backup those GroupWise open file on a cluster volume ?

    Well...yes & no....

    Firstly, OFO doesn't support backing up remote cluster volumes. Because
    OFO is installed to SYS: only, you have to have the cluster volume local
    to the media server. Either that, or back the cluster volume up as a
    locally attached volume. See PDF at

    Secondly, using OFO on GW6.x isn't really supported either because
    Novell supply GWTSA to be able to back up GW6.x while it's in use.

    You might also want to look at documentation on using GWTSA in a cluster
    (not sure how valid this TID is these days - dated June 2003:
    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10084545.htm)

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"