copying a backup tape to another - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on copying a backup tape to another - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, On version 8.5, can you copy a tape to another tape for redundancy purposes? Thanks again. royce...

  1. copying a backup tape to another

    Hello,
    On version 8.5, can you copy a tape to another tape for redundancy purposes?
    Thanks again.
    royce

  2. Re: copying a backup tape to another

    Royce
    > On version 8.5, can you copy a tape to another tape for redundancy purposes?

    Not as a standalone job (that came in 9.1), but I believe the "tape
    mirror" function is what you need - see p139 of the 8.5 Admin Guide.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"