BUE 8.0 on NW5 sp6 - ? XP client - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BUE 8.0 on NW5 sp6 - ? XP client - Veritas Backup Exec ; Have BUE running on a Netware 5.0 box with sp 6 installed. Until now, I've have the client running on a Win 98 box. I would like to shift it to Win XP sp 2 as the client. Has anyone ...

  1. BUE 8.0 on NW5 sp6 - ? XP client

    Have BUE running on a Netware 5.0 box with sp 6 installed. Until now, I've
    have the client running on a Win 98 box. I would like to shift it to Win
    XP sp 2 as the client.
    Has anyone tried this and how can I make it work??

    TIA

  2. Re: BUE 8.0 on NW5 sp6 - ? XP client

    Stephen
    > Have BUE running on a Netware 5.0 box with sp 6 installed. Until now, I've
    > have the client running on a Win 98 box. I would like to shift it to Win
    > XP sp 2 as the client.

    Hmmm, I don't think you're going to have much luck to be honest. I've
    seen this question been asked before, without success. I don't think the
    Windows Client is even supported on W2k. At the very least, you'll need
    the Novell Client and IPX enabled.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  3. Re: BUE 8.0 on NW5 sp6 - ? XP client

    Like Michael says -- the Windows client that you're running on 9x won't
    work on NT and above.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread