B2D and Tape for archive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on B2D and Tape for archive - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am looking at purchasing a new backup server and autoloader. We are currently running BackupExec for NetWare v9.1.1152. I am interested in using Backup-to-Disk for the weekly full backups and the daily differential backups. I would then use the ...

  1. B2D and Tape for archive

    I am looking at purchasing a new backup server and autoloader. We are currently running BackupExec for NetWare v9.1.1152. I am interested in using Backup-to-Disk for the weekly full backups and the daily differential backups. I would then use the tape drive to create an end of month backup that would be shipped off site.

    Can I run a "normal" backup to disk on the last Friday night of a month and then somehow copy that data to a tape to send offsite? I see "Copy" backup jobs in the Admin Guide, but it is less than helpful in explaining how that is done. Should I be searching on a different keyword to understand how this works?

    Thanks, Mike

  2. Re: B2D and Tape for archive

    Mike
    > Can I run a "normal" backup to disk on the last
    > Friday night of a month and then somehow copy that
    > data to a tape to send offsite?

    Yes, this can be done - if you search for duplicate job in the Admin
    guide you'll probably have better results :-)

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"