Cannot access other backup sources - V8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot access other backup sources - V8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, After we updated our IP informaton througout the company, we are unable to see other servers In the Agents list. We are still able to ping these other agents from the backup server. Agents are also still running in ...

  1. Cannot access other backup sources - V8.5

    Hello,
    After we updated our IP informaton througout the company, we are unable
    to see other servers In the Agents list. We are still able to ping these
    other agents from the backup server. Agents are also still running in these
    servers.
    Pls. advise.
    Thanks,
    Royce

  2. Re: Cannot access other backup sources - V8.5

    Edit your NDMPSVRS.DAT file in your \BKUPEXEC folder. Update the
    addresses there for your remote agents.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Cannot access other backup sources - V8.5

    Hello Barry,
    Does this fine exist in Version 8.5,? If not, is there such a file in 8.5
    that serves the same purpose?
    Thanks again for your response.
    Royce

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Edit your NDMPSVRS.DAT file in your \BKUPEXEC folder. Update the
    >addresses there for your remote agents.
    >
    >-Barry.

  4. Re: Cannot access other backup sources - V8.5

    Royce
    > Does this fine exist in Version 8.5,?

    No, I'm afraid it doesn't.

    > If not, is there such a file in 8.5