Administration Console - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Administration Console - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can anyone help. I get the error below when running the Administration Console. I have looked through the forums and seen two occurences of the same error from last summer. No solutions have been posted in either case. Error 1004: ...

  1. Administration Console

    Can anyone help. I get the error below when running the Administration Console.
    I have looked through the forums and seen two occurences of the same error
    from last summer. No solutions have been posted in either case.

    Error 1004:
    Remote Exception: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return
    header
    nested exception is: java.io.EOFException

    Cause:
    1. The NetWare server does not have the JNCPV2.NLM loaded.
    2. Invalid login information provided.
    Resolution:
    1. Copy JNCPV2.NLM from another server to SYS:\JAVA\BIN. For some reason

    the 1.1.7b JVM did not copy this file to the NetWare 4.2 servers.
    2. The user name or password supplied for the login were incorrect.
    Retry the login with the correct information.

  2. Re: Administration Console

    David Hardisty wrote:
    > Can anyone help. I get the error below when running the Administration Console.
    > I have looked through the forums and seen two occurences of the same error
    > from last summer. No solutions have been posted in either case.
    >
    > Error 1004:
    > Remote Exception: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return
    > header
    > nested exception is: java.io.EOFException
    >
    > Cause:
    > 1. The NetWare server does not have the JNCPV2.NLM loaded.
    > 2. Invalid login information provided.
    > Resolution:
    > 1. Copy JNCPV2.NLM from another server to SYS:\JAVA\BIN. For some reason
    >
    > the 1.1.7b JVM did not copy this file to the NetWare 4.2 servers.
    > 2. The user name or password supplied for the login were incorrect.
    > Retry the login with the correct information.

    I am getting the exact same error. I have not found any fix as of yet
    either.

  3. Re: Administration Console

    John Street wrote:
    > David Hardisty wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone help. I get the error below when running the
    >> Administration Console.
    >> I have looked through the forums and seen two occurences of the same
    >> error
    >> from last summer. No solutions have been posted in either case.
    >>
    >> Error 1004:
    >> Remote Exception: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return
    >> header
    >> nested exception is: java.io.EOFException
    >>
    >> Cause: 1. The NetWare server does not have the JNCPV2.NLM loaded.
    >> 2. Invalid login information provided. Resolution: 1. Copy
    >> JNCPV2.NLM from another server to SYS:\JAVA\BIN. For some reason
    >>
    >> the 1.1.7b JVM did not copy this file to the NetWare 4.2
    >> servers. 2. The user name or password supplied for the login were
    >> incorrect. Retry the login with the correct information.

    > I am getting the exact same error. I have not found any fix as of yet
    > either.

    I re-installed the latest JVM build for NetWare and it seems to be
    working now. However the Administration Console takes a very long time
    to connect tot the media server.

+ Reply to Thread