BE9.1 1127.1 NW6 SP3 abend on NRLTLI.NLM - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE9.1 1127.1 NW6 SP3 abend on NRLTLI.NLM - Veritas Backup Exec ; This abend is happening frequently and spontaneously reboots the server so that it requires keyboard intervention to continue the reboot. I have been searching diligently to find information on this problem. The only "hit" I got was for Novell TID10075118 ...

  1. BE9.1 1127.1 NW6 SP3 abend on NRLTLI.NLM

    This abend is happening frequently and spontaneously reboots the server so that it requires keyboard intervention to continue the reboot.

    I have been searching diligently to find information on this problem. The only "hit" I got was for Novell TID10075118 which indicated a problem in a file SMDRINCL.DAT which I could not find on the server. This server does not backup any remote servers. I have pasted a portion of the abend.log file below:

    Server MYSERVER halted Thursday, 13 January 2005 7:05:11.455
    Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.60.03: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)
    Running process: NRLTLI.NLM 11 Process
    Thread Owned by NLM: NRLTLI.NLM
    Additional Information:
    The CPU encountered a problem executing code in SERVER.NLM. The problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by a process owned by NRLTLI.NLM.

    Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: BE9.1 1127.1 NW6 SP3 abend on NRLTLI.NLM

    Since you don't backup any remote server (and I assume that means
    workstation, too) then you can fix this problem.

    At the BE Admin Console on the server select Options from the main
    menu, then Media Server. Go to Agents and clear any checkboxes that
    are checked.

    BESTOP and BESTART and you're good to go.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: BE9.1 1127.1 NW6 SP3 abend on NRLTLI.NLM

    Carlyn,

    You can stop these abends two ways. One, use your server firewall to
    block outside access to your server from ports 6101 and 6129. The
    abends are caused by an outside hack over these ports to BE remote
    manager. If you are using BE remote agents to backup W2K/XP
    workstation, you will need to keep these ports open on the private (LAN)
    side. If you are not using BE remote agents at all, you can disable
    workstation agent support in BE through the Adminisration Console - this
    will also stop the abends.

    Since I backup a W2K workstation using BE remote agent, I elected to
    block all outside access to Ports 6101 and 6129 (UDP and TCPP through my
    firewall (Bordermanager 3.6). Once I did that, the abends went away.

    Chip Reinhardt.

    Carlyn Chapman wrote:

    > This abend is happening frequently and spontaneously reboots the
    > server so that it requires keyboard intervention to continue the reboot.
    >
    > I have been searching diligently to find information on this problem.
    > The only "hit" I got was for Novell TID10075118 which indicated a
    > problem in a file SMDRINCL.DAT which I could not find on the server.
    > This server does not backup any remote servers. I have pasted a
    > portion of the abend.log file below:
    >
    > Server MYSERVER halted Thursday, 13 January 2005 7:05:11.455
    > Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.60.03: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error
    > code 00000000)
    > Running process: NRLTLI.NLM 11 Process
    > Thread Owned by NLM: NRLTLI.NLM
    > Additional Information:
    > The CPU encountered a problem executing code in SERVER.NLM. The
    > problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by a
    > process owned by NRLTLI.NLM.
    > Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread