License Number - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on License Number - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can anyone tell me how to find out the license number for BE on a Novell 4.11 Server? This school has no contact with the person that orginally did the server....

  1. License Number

    Can anyone tell me how to find out the license number for BE on a Novell 4.11
    Server? This school has no contact with the person that orginally did the
    server.

  2. Re: License Number

    Ann:
    Depending on what version of BE. In 9.1 you can find a version.doc
    (word document) file in the backupexec directory and possibly older
    versions too, I don't remeber.
    Peter

  3. Re: License Number

    Ann
    > Can anyone tell me how to find out the license number for BE on a Novell 4.11
    > Server? This school has no contact with the person that orginally did the
    > server.

    If you're running a version prior to 8.5.194, then see

    If you're running 9.x, then there's no way to obtain it apart from
    having the original documentation.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  4. Re: License Number

    You can always check Options -Serial Numbers - Media server as long it's
    starts on the server.

    Another way is to look in the file called license in BKUPEXEC directory.

    "Michael" wrote in message
    news:MPG.1c4fabbebcc2f07898972d@news.support.verit as.com...
    > Ann
    > > Can anyone tell me how to find out the license number for BE on a Novell

    4.11
    > > Server? This school has no contact with the person that orginally did

    the
    > > server.

    > If you're running a version prior to 8.5.194, then see
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/189222.htm
    >
    > If you're running 9.x, then there's no way to obtain it apart from
    > having the original documentation.
    >
    > Michael
    > --
    > "If it jams, force it. If it breaks, you probably
    > needed a new one anyway"
    >
    > * Please post replies via the newsgroup *

  5. Re: License Number

    Bobo
    > You can always check Options -Serial Numbers - Media server as long it's
    > starts on the server.
    >
    > Another way is to look in the file called license in BKUPEXEC directory.

    Good points - I was assuming that the product either wasn't installed or
    couldn't be started.

    Ann, if you have am installed/startable version of BE earlier than 9.x,
    Bobo's 1st option is slightly different - see

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"