Cant see directories on Suse Enterprise Server two volumes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cant see directories on Suse Enterprise Server two volumes - Veritas Backup Exec ; I recently installed the Backup Exec Unix Workstation module on my Suse Enterprise Server the following is my agent.cfg (* not shown for security) name GENESIS1 password ********* force_address *.*.*.* export /archive as archive export /genesis as genesis tell PJC_ACCT ...

  1. Cant see directories on Suse Enterprise Server two volumes

    I recently installed the Backup Exec Unix Workstation module on my Suse Enterprise
    Server the following is my agent.cfg (* not shown for security)

    name GENESIS1
    password *********
    force_address *.*.*.*
    export /archive as archive
    export /genesis as genesis
    tell PJC_ACCT
    tell_interval 30
    exclude_dir /dev
    exclude_dir /dev

    I see all of the files and dir. on the export (/genesis as genesis) w/o a
    problem but when I go to the second volume (export /archive as archive)
    I see two files, but there are no dir for me to select on the System. On
    the Archive volume there is 1 primary dir with at least 100 subdirectories.
    As a test I tried creating another dir (Archive/test) as su, but I couldn't
    see it, so I changed the right on the created directory and made all of the
    right open still no luck.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you

  2. Re: Cant see directories on Suse Enterprise Server two volumes

    I've got a similar issue on a Redhat box that has a MySQL database with
    an 80GB file. Any folder where that file exists I cannot see any files
    at all. Tech support tells me there is no file size limit on the
    agent, however. Tried with different versions of NW and BE, too. No
    luck.

    Anyway, check to see if you have any very large files in that folder.
    That might confirm what I'm seeing here.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread