Does Mac Agent require AppleTalk? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Does Mac Agent require AppleTalk? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are getting ready to try backing up Mac stations (servers) and the latest info I have is that AppleTalk must be running on the Netware Media server to backup a Mac station. Is this still true or will TCP/IP ...

  1. Does Mac Agent require AppleTalk?

    We are getting ready to try backing up Mac stations (servers) and the latest
    info I have is that AppleTalk must be running on the Netware Media server
    to backup a Mac station. Is this still true or will TCP/IP work. We run
    NW 6.5sp2 and Mac OS 10. BE is 9.1.1152. Thanks...jc

  2. Re: Does Mac Agent require AppleTalk?

    John
    > We are getting ready to try backing up Mac stations (servers) and the latest
    > info I have is that AppleTalk must be running on the Netware Media server
    > to backup a Mac station. Is this still true or will TCP/IP work. We run
    > NW 6.5sp2 and Mac OS 10. BE is 9.1.1152.

    AFAIK, the last information you have is correct - you need AppleTalk.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"