GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet? - Veritas Backup Exec ; wonder if anyone has heard of any resolution reg. backing up Groupwise PO/MTA while using GWTSA or any new (non-beta) TSA . Wonder if there is any gosip on a new build of backupexec 9.1 that will resolve this time ...

  1. GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet?

    wonder if anyone has heard of any resolution reg. backing up Groupwise PO/MTA
    while using GWTSA or any new (non-beta) TSA . Wonder if there is any gosip
    on a new build of backupexec 9.1 that will resolve this time bomb problem?
    I figured that being a new year, new thought might come out to surface.

  2. Re: GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet?

    "jc" wrote:

    >wonder if anyone has heard of any resolution reg. backing up Groupwise PO/MTA
    >while using GWTSA or any new (non-beta) TSA . Wonder if there is any gosip
    >on a new build of backupexec 9.1 that will resolve this time bomb problem?
    > I figured that being a new year, new thought might come out to surface.

    I have heard of version 10 but not if it will solve this issue. I have been
    using GW SP3 TSA. it seems to work so far but to early to tell.

  3. Re: GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet?

    Brian
    > I have heard of version 10

    That'll be the BE for Windows product - due for release this month IIRC.
    No v10.0 scheduled for the NetWare product as yet.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  4. Re: GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet?

    Please provide more detail on the problem you're having. I am backing
    up GW with GWTSA and it works well in my environment.

    -Barry.

  5. Re: GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet?

    Yes, shut down GW and do a regular backup. Then do a pool rebuild.

    Also, it might do you to consider GW6.5/SP3. That's what I'm running
    here and no troubles.

    Also I'm running GWTSA v6.05.02 dated July 19, 2004.

    -Barry.

  6. Re: GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet?

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Please provide more detail on the problem you're having. I am backing
    >up GW with GWTSA and it works well in my environment.
    >
    >-Barry.

    The usual setup we have seen on this group... BackupExec netware 9.10.1152(latest)
    with netware 6.5 sp2 and gw 6.5 sp1. The backup is using the gwtsa with
    the proper parameter on the gwtsa.ncf. Backup shows insufficient rights
    on th e po backups while using gwtsa and skips them . To top it alll of,
    now i am getting a beastTree error
    Volume MAIL: System data error 20012(beastTree.c[506]).
    Pool verification shows no problem but I am scared to do a rebuild since
    i have no proper backup of the server and its po.. I might end up taking
    down the po(3 of them on the server with this error) and runing a regulat
    tsa (not gwtsa) and see what it gives me. Before doing a rebuild.on the mail
    pool volume.... The weird part is that in other server this gwtsa (gw6.5sp1)
    runs well but i think issimply because those po have staff and they are not
    active on late hours (when backup happen) compare to po (students/university)
    since they are in constant usage. Any thoughts jc

  7. Re: GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet?

    I will try it. thanks for the reply.
    Wonder? r u using gwtsa for backup on the mail volume w/no ofo as choice
    in the policy part of the job. and regular tsa with ofo in a policy for
    a job just for the sys vol
    ???
    jc

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Yes, shut down GW and do a regular backup. Then do a pool rebuild.
    >
    >Also, it might do you to consider GW6.5/SP3. That's what I'm running
    >here and no troubles.
    >
    >Also I'm running GWTSA v6.05.02 dated July 19, 2004.
    >
    >-Barry.

  8. Re: GWTSA/TSA ... any fixes or resolutions on ver 9.1 yet?

    Excluding OFM from the DOM and POs. Only SYS covered by OFM.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread