cannot add usb device - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on cannot add usb device - Veritas Backup Exec ; i am having trouble adding an external maxtor USB HDD to the list of backup devices in backup exec. I have allready tried disabling/enabling it in device manager and mmc. can someone please tell me how to do this. I ...

  1. cannot add usb device

    i am having trouble adding an external maxtor USB HDD to the list of backup
    devices in backup exec. I have allready tried disabling/enabling it in device
    manager and mmc. can someone please tell me how to do this. I am on backup
    exec 8.6 and SBS 2000. All it seems to recognize is my old tape drive.
    Cheers in advance.
    Joe

  2. Re: cannot add usb device

    Joe
    > I am on backup exec 8.6 and SBS 2000.

    You'll probably find your answer better in the
    veritas.backupexec.windowsnt.english forum rather than the NetWare one
    ;-)

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"