beqback.nlm - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on beqback.nlm - Veritas Backup Exec ; It doesn't work with 9.x as there isn't any queue as with previous releases. Instead there's a database, and it gets backed up automatically. Look in SYS:\BKUPEXEC\JOBDATA -Barry....

  1. Re: beqback.nlm

    It doesn't work with 9.x as there isn't any queue as with previous
    releases. Instead there's a database, and it gets backed up
    automatically. Look in SYS:\BKUPEXEC\JOBDATA

    -Barry.

  2. beqback.nlm

    We are using BE 9.1 and I don't seem to be able to find this file. Does it
    still exist? Could I get it from be 8.5 and if so, will it run with 9.1?

    Many thanks

    Barry.

  3. Re: beqback.nlm

    Sure, you can do that. Include it in your backup job, as well.

    -Barry.

  4. Re: beqback.nlm

    Cheers for that Barry.

    Once I have setup all my jobs, could I just make a copy of this folder encase
    something goes wrong and restore if I need to reinstall backup exec?

    Regards

    Barry.

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >It doesn't work with 9.x as there isn't any queue as with previous
    >releases. Instead there's a database, and it gets backed up
    >automatically. Look in SYS:\BKUPEXEC\JOBDATA
    >
    >-Barry.

  5. Re: beqback.nlm

    Once again, thank you.

    Last question, would this also include details of backup 2 disk partitions?

    Regards

    Barry.
    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Sure, you can do that. Include it in your backup job, as well.
    >
    >-Barry.

  6. Re: beqback.nlm

    Yes, the jobs do as far as I know, But I don't use them here, so I
    can't say for certain. But I don't know why they'd put those jobs in a
    separate location.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread