Label and Inventory of single drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Label and Inventory of single drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; Both label and inventory only allow selection of a drive pool and not a single drive. I have to put a tape in both our drives for the jobs to succeed. The documentation which says ".. you can also create ...

  1. Label and Inventory of single drive

    Both label and inventory only allow selection of a drive pool and not a
    single drive. I have to put a tape in both our drives for the jobs to
    succeed. The documentation which says

    ".. you can also create an inventory job by right-clicking a drive from
    the Stand-alone Drives, or All-Drives subnodes or by right-clicking a
    folder from the Backup-to-Disk Folders subnode, and then click
    Inventory. "

    appears to be wrong because right clicking a drive shows no menu from
    which an inventory can be made. The Netware administration console also
    only allows the drive pool to be selected.

    We are using version 9.1 build 1097

  2. Re: Label and Inventory of single drive

    Nick
    > appears to be wrong because right clicking a drive shows no menu from
    > which an inventory can be made. The Netware administration console also
    > only allows the drive pool to be selected.

    Do you have the drives set up in a cascaded or mirrored drive pool?
    Also, are you using Media or Partition Management modes?

    > We are using version 9.1 build 1097

    Or even 1067? ;-)

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"