Skipping days - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Skipping days - Veritas Backup Exec ; BackUP Exex v9.1 for Netware Is there a way to setup a backup job to only be processed on M-F and skip the weekends. I can't find the ability to do it other than the Holiday Schedule, of which I ...

  1. Skipping days

    BackUP Exex v9.1 for Netware

    Is there a way to setup a backup job to only be processed on M-F and skip
    the weekends. I can't find the ability to do it other than the Holiday Schedule,
    of which I don't want to go into every weekend and tell it to "skip".

    If the Holiday Schedule is the only option, how do you setup two different
    jobs, one to work only M-F and one to work only on weekends? Won't the "Holiday"
    that is defined for one job cause the other job to not run?

  2. Re: Skipping days

    I found it in another thread. It said

    "To set up a job to repeat mon-fri, on an existing or new policy (not
    through the wizard), select "Every 1 week" as the repeat interval, then in
    "Backup Method", select the days you want the backup to run, and what kind
    of backup you want."

    "Rob M" wrote:

    >BackUP Exex v9.1 for Netware
    >
    >Is there a way to setup a backup job to only be processed on M-F and skip
    >the weekends. I can't find the ability to do it other than the Holiday Schedule,
    >of which I don't want to go into every weekend and tell it to "skip".
    >
    >If the Holiday Schedule is the only option, how do you setup two different
    >jobs, one to work only M-F and one to work only on weekends? Won't the

    "Holiday"
    >that is defined for one job cause the other job to not run?

+ Reply to Thread