BE 9.0 will not see my HP Ultrium drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.0 will not see my HP Ultrium drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a NW 5.1 server that has an HP Ultrium2 tape drive that was internal to the machine and was working just fine. We needed to move the tape drive to an external cabinet and did so. Now when ...

  1. BE 9.0 will not see my HP Ultrium drive

    I have a NW 5.1 server that has an HP Ultrium2 tape drive that was internal
    to the machine and was working just fine. We needed to move the tape drive
    to an external cabinet and did so. Now when I try use BE it does not
    recognize the tape drive. I have verified that all the drivers are loaded
    and when I do a list storage adapters it shows me the following:

    [V025-A0] Novell ATA/IDE Host Adapter Module
    [V025-A0-D0:0] TEAC CD-532E-A 2.0C
    [V370-A1] MEGARAID HOST ADAPTER MODULE (HAM)
    [V370-A1-D0:2] MegaRAID LD03 RAID1 rev:**D
    [V370-A1-D0:0] MegaRAID LD03 RAID1 rev:**D
    [V370-A1-D0:1] MegaRAID LD03 RAID1 rev:**D
    [V358-A2] LSI_53C1030:00801
    [V358-A2-D3:0] HP Ultrium 2-SCSI F48D
    [V358-A3] LSI_53C1030:00802
    [V6D1-A4] CDP Open Transaction Manager VD Ham

    By this information it appears to me that NetWare sees the drive ok. What
    else could I be missing? It seems to me that if Netware can see the drive
    then BE should be able to see it also?? Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: BE 9.0 will not see my HP Ultrium drive

    Never mind, I got it working. It must have been something with DS, as I
    fixed some other issues relating to DS and then when I got back to work on
    this again, I was able to see the tape drive.

    "Wade Preston" wrote in message
    > I have a NW 5.1 server that has an HP Ultrium2 tape drive that was

    internal
    > to the machine and was working just fine. We needed to move the tape

    drive
    > to an external cabinet and did so. Now when I try use BE it does not
    > recognize the tape drive. I have verified that all the drivers are loaded
    > and when I do a list storage adapters it shows me the following:
    >
    > [V025-A0] Novell ATA/IDE Host Adapter Module
    > [V025-A0-D0:0] TEAC CD-532E-A 2.0C
    > [V370-A1] MEGARAID HOST ADAPTER MODULE (HAM)
    > [V370-A1-D0:2] MegaRAID LD03 RAID1 rev:**D
    > [V370-A1-D0:0] MegaRAID LD03 RAID1 rev:**D
    > [V370-A1-D0:1] MegaRAID LD03 RAID1 rev:**D
    > [V358-A2] LSI_53C1030:00801
    > [V358-A2-D3:0] HP Ultrium 2-SCSI F48D
    > [V358-A3] LSI_53C1030:00802
    > [V6D1-A4] CDP Open Transaction Manager VD Ham
    >
    > By this information it appears to me that NetWare sees the drive ok. What
    > else could I be missing? It seems to me that if Netware can see the drive
    > then BE should be able to see it also?? Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread