Seagate Autoloader not being recognized in BE 9.1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Seagate Autoloader not being recognized in BE 9.1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi I have recently installed a Netware 6.5 server with backupExec 9.1 (Standard version without any extra option). This server is fitted with a Seagate Scorpion 240 Autoloader but it is being recognised as a Standalone Tape drive. The SCSI ...

  1. Seagate Autoloader not being recognized in BE 9.1

    Hi

    I have recently installed a Netware 6.5 server with backupExec 9.1 (Standard
    version without any extra option). This server is fitted with a Seagate Scorpion
    240 Autoloader but it is being recognised as a Standalone Tape drive. The
    SCSI controller Adaptec AIC 7899 is built in the Intel motherboard. The tape
    drive is connected at ID 6 and I have turned on Multiplr LUN support for
    ID 6 in SCSI controller Bios. Can any body advise how can this problem be
    fixed.

    Thanks
    Mirza

  2. Re: Seagate Autoloader not being recognized in BE 9.1

    Mirza
    > I have recently installed a Netware 6.5 server with backupExec 9.1 (Standard
    > version without any extra option). This server is fitted with a Seagate Scorpion
    > 240 Autoloader but it is being recognised as a Standalone Tape drive. The
    > SCSI controller Adaptec AIC 7899 is built in the Intel motherboard. The tape
    > drive is connected at ID 6 and I have turned on Multiplr LUN support for
    > ID 6 in SCSI controller Bios. Can any body advise how can this problem be
    > fixed.

    If the drive is at SCSI ID 6, what ID is the loader arm at?
    The arm & drives should be on sequential IDs first (i.e. arm on 2, drive
    1 on 3, drive 2 on 4, etc.....), and then you would need Multi-LUN
    support enabled on each ID you've used.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"