Constant backup failures - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Constant backup failures - Veritas Backup Exec ; Phil > I have cleaned the drive and even used a tape that I know works consistently > in another drive Have replaced the cable twice too IIRC, 47 from the SCSI sense data is a parity error - definitely ...

  1. Re: Constant backup failures

    Phil
    > I have cleaned the drive and even used a tape that I know works consistently
    > in another drive Have replaced the cable twice too

    IIRC, 47 from the SCSI sense data is a parity error - definitely
    hardware related. Have you replaced the drive itself? Have you checked
    out the SCSI BIOS settings?

    I'd have a look at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/228680.htm

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  2. Constant backup failures

    I have a NetWare Server that is receiving constant failures
    Erasing a tape is fine but as the back-up starts I receive the following:

    Error on HA:0 ID:5 LUN:0 COMPAQ 40/80GB DLT DRV.
    A hardware error has been detected during this operation. This
    media should not be used for any additional backup operations.
    Data written to this media prior to the error may still be
    restored.
    Possible corrective actions for this error are:
    1.) Use a different media
    2.) Check the SCSI cabling.
    Vendor: COMPAQ
    Product: 40/80GB DLT DRV
    ID:
    Firmware: 0250
    Function: Write(5)
    Error: A hardware failure has occurred on drive HA:0 ID:5
    LUN:0 COMPAQ 40/80GB DLT DRV. Please consult the job log for
    details.(10)
    Sense Data:
    f0 00 0b 00 - 00 00 27 16 - 00 00 00 00 - 47 00 00 00
    00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00

    I have cleaned the drive and even used a tape that I know works consistently
    in another drive
    Have replaced the cable twice too

    Server is a Compaq ML350 with RAID array

    Any ideas appreciated

+ Reply to Thread