Unix agent name problem in restoring - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unix agent name problem in restoring - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi! I have one unix-agent installed in Redhat 9. I see that agent in BE console and also can make a backups from that. Problems occur in restoring with redirection to other location in that same linux machine. If I ...

  1. Unix agent name problem in restoring

    Hi!

    I have one unix-agent installed in Redhat 9. I see that agent in BE console
    and also can make a backups from that.
    Problems occur in restoring with redirection to other location in that same
    linux machine.
    If I try to restore, I only get errors to log:
    Could not find 2045MYWORKSTATION in the agent list on
    2045MYWORKSTATION/testdir:. All select-
    ions for this device will be skipped.

    I understand why that error occurs, because that machine name is only
    MYWORKSTATION, not 2045MYWORKSTATION.
    I can't imagine, where that 2045 cames from? Any ideas? Have anyone seen
    this before?

    In BE console I see that workstation named MYWORKSTATION. But now if I take
    Properties from that workstation, it reports name 2045MYWORKSTATION.

    Netware 6, SP2. BE 9.0 Rev 4174

    Jan

  2. Re: Unix agent name problem in restoring

    In article <409f4530@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Jan wrote:

    > Netware 6, SP2. BE 9.0 Rev 4174

    The 2045 prefix is normal. I would encourage you to upgrade to NW6/SP3
    and BE 9.0 build 4202. Also get the latest *nix agent.

    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Unix agent name problem in restoring

    OK. Is it necessary to upgrade also NW to SP3 when upgrading BE 9.0 to build
    4202?
    I wouldn't mind to upgrade NW just now, because there is not other problems
    just now
    I found from support document that mentioned NW versions 6.0, 6.0 SP3

    -jan

    "Barry St.John" wrote in message
    > In article <409f4530@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Jan wrote:
    >
    > > Netware 6, SP2. BE 9.0 Rev 4174

    > The 2045 prefix is normal. I would encourage you to upgrade to NW6/SP3
    > and BE 9.0 build 4202. Also get the latest *nix agent.
    >
    > --
    >
    > -Barry.

  4. Re: Unix agent name problem in restoring

    SP3 /required/ for build 4202, no. Recommended, yes. SP3 is much
    better than SP2.

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread