Install BE on NW6.5 hangs - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Install BE on NW6.5 hangs - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have installed new NW 6.5 server without SP1. Installation of version BE 9.1 (build 0307.1) stops on 22% copiing files (file BESRVR.RES). SYS volume has free space enough and client connection seems be OK. What is wrong ?? Thank ...

  1. Install BE on NW6.5 hangs

    I have installed new NW 6.5 server without SP1. Installation of version BE
    9.1 (build 0307.1) stops on 22% copiing files (file BESRVR.RES). SYS volume
    has free space enough and client connection seems be OK. What is wrong ??
    Thank you

  2. Re: Install BE on NW6.5 hangs

  3. Re: Install BE on NW6.5 hangs

    All instaled, problem persist, unfortunately... Copying stoped in the same
    place! I should try download BE once more. Maybe the file is corrupted, but
    it was unziped fr,m archive...

    "Barry St.John" wrote in message
    > Use Novell Client v4.9SP1a followed by the NWFS patch:
    >
    > http://support.novell.com/servlet/fi...b/nc49sp1a.exe
    > http://support.novell.com/servlet/fi...b/nc49sp1a.exe
    > --
    >
    > -Barry.

  4. Re: Install BE on NW6.5 hangs

    Yeah, try downloading again. I had a similar problem -- install would
    fail at a precise point. Tried downloading again. No good. Then
    tried the original CD. Still no good. Then found the new NWFS and
    BINGO!
    --

    -Barry.

  5. Re: Install BE on NW6.5 hangs

    No succes ! I tried another workstation, all client patches, another server
    !! and the same result in all cases. Another step is wait for new release
    BrightStore ArcServe for NW 6.5. I don´t like Veritas ....

    "Barry St.John" píse v diskusním príspevku
    > Yeah, try downloading again. I had a similar problem -- install would
    > fail at a precise point. Tried downloading again. No good. Then
    > tried the original CD. Still no good. Then found the new NWFS and
    > BINGO!
    > --
    >
    > -Barry.

  6. Re: Install BE on NW6.5 hangs

    And the same problem is for NW 6.0 - that´s very interesting...

    "Barry St.John" píse v diskusním príspevku
    > Yeah, try downloading again. I had a similar problem -- install would
    > fail at a precise point. Tried downloading again. No good. Then
    > tried the original CD. Still no good. Then found the new NWFS and
    > BINGO!
    > --
    >
    > -Barry.

  7. Re: Install BE on NW6.5 hangs

    Hmmm... don't know. I'm stumped.
    --

    -Barry.

  8. Re: Install BE on NW6.5 hangs

    I have the same problem with netware 5.1 and veritas 9.1, tried 5 different
    copies on different machines from 2k professional to NT and then on 2000
    server . . no joy, stops with the BESRVR.RES file too at 23%

+ Reply to Thread