[HEADS UP] Backup Exec and Netware 6.5 SP1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on [HEADS UP] Backup Exec and Netware 6.5 SP1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; We just discovered that Backup Exec does not work with the new boot-loader in SP1. If the new boot-loader is enabled backup exec will abend the server. Disable the new boot-loader until Veritas or Novell comes up with a fix. ...

  1. [HEADS UP] Backup Exec and Netware 6.5 SP1

    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10090519.htm

    --
    Regards, Kai Reichert
    Novell Support Forums Sysop

    There are two major products to come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
    We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

  2. Re: [HEADS UP] Backup Exec and Netware 6.5 SP1

    I recall a switch to tell BE where NetWare's SERVER.EXE is.

    Put -bpath in BESTART.NCF (though I not having 6.5PSP1 I don't know
    what that path would be).

    For example, if you had installed NetWare onto drive D: (DOS) you would
    put -bD:\NWSERVER on the LOAD BKUPEXEC line in BESTART.NCF

    Maybe that would work. I don't have 6.5 here to test on.
    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: [HEADS UP] Backup Exec and Netware 6.5 SP1

    Barry,
    while I don't see how this would change anything, I tried it and it seems to work.
    Even with netware bootloader the server.exe is still where it was before on c:\nwserver, so the problem is still in the way how Backup Exec is accessing the C: partition.
    I will update the TID with this alternative workaround. Thx.

    --
    Regards, Kai Reichert
    Novell Support Forums Sysop

    There are two major products to come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
    We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

  4. Re: [HEADS UP] Backup Exec and Netware 6.5 SP1

    Hey, cool!

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread