java problems - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on java problems - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using the java admin console on a NW6.5 server under BE 9.1NW, the GUI often gets glitched up when I try to make multiple selections in a screen (e.g. selecting a lot of job logs for deletion). Are the normal ...

  1. java problems

    Using the java admin console on a NW6.5 server under BE 9.1NW, the GUI often
    gets glitched up when I try to make multiple selections in a screen (e.g.
    selecting a lot of job logs for deletion). Are the normal Windows
    keystrokes, such as holding the Ctrl key to select random items, the shift
    key to select contiguous items, and releasing either key then clicking any
    item to unselect a group selection, supposed to work in this program? If
    so, it's not working properly.

    I would just like to urge Veritas to put some emphasis on getting the
    Netware client for the Windows-based BE working (to support NW 6.5 because
    the GUI's fine. BE9.1 NW has very little resemblance to its Windows-based
    counterpart and it looks like the two development communities must not even
    communicate. Why are these products so different in their user interfaces?

  2. Re: java problems

    I have to agree. The workstation-based Admin Console isn't very good,
    especially when compared to the Windows counterpart.
    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread