Upgrade from V9.0 to V9.1 Screen console hang up. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrade from V9.0 to V9.1 Screen console hang up. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Normally I use Veritas backup exec v.9.0 and OFO. I upgrade by install V9.1 and then install java 1.3.1a. After restart netware server. My system screen console is not show. And veritas sure screen show start BEUPGRAD.NLM long time(half day) ...

  1. Upgrade from V9.0 to V9.1 Screen console hang up.

    Normally I use Veritas backup exec v.9.0 and OFO. I upgrade by install V9.1
    and then install java 1.3.1a. After restart netware server. My system screen
    console is not show. And veritas sure screen show start BEUPGRAD.NLM long
    time(half day) anything not response ,CPU load to 83%.
    Could you help me to resolve this problem

  2. Re: Upgrade from V9.0 to V9.1 Screen console hang up.

    If you can, restore back to BE9.0, then rather than install 9.1 as an
    upgrade, rename your BKUPEXEC folder and install 9.1 as a new
    installation. More work, but things have been much more stable for me
    that way.

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread