Error 1056 Timeout waiting for BESRVR.NLM to Initialize. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 1056 Timeout waiting for BESRVR.NLM to Initialize. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Dell4400 has been running fine for several years. All of a sudden I'm getting the "timeout occurred waiting for BESRVR.NLM to initialize" error (1056). I've seen the post about deleting the "MM" directory after installing new drive hardware but we ...

  1. Error 1056 Timeout waiting for BESRVR.NLM to Initialize.

    Dell4400 has been running fine for several years. All of a sudden I'm getting
    the "timeout occurred waiting for BESRVR.NLM to initialize" error (1056).
    I've seen the post about deleting the "MM" directory after installing new
    drive hardware but we haven't changed any hardware. However that does not
    fix this problem. Any clues to what else could be happeining. On boot up
    the
    server does find the DLT drive in the SCSI bus and recognize it.

    Thanks
    John

  2. Re: Error 1056 Timeout waiting for BESRVR.NLM to Initialize.

    John Carlton wrote:

    > Dell4400 has been running fine for several years. All of a sudden
    > I'm getting the "timeout occurred waiting for BESRVR.NLM to
    > initialize" error (1056). I've seen the post about deleting the
    > "MM" directory after installing new drive hardware but we haven't
    > changed any hardware. However that does not fix this problem. Any
    > clues to what else could be happeining. On boot up the
    > server does find the DLT drive in the SCSI bus and recognize it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > John

    I too have a Poweredge 4400 NW6SP3 running BE9.1. I have tried
    delaying startup of BE in the Startup.ncf to no avail. I have taken it
    out and just run command bestart after server is up 10 or 15 minutes,
    works wonderfully.

  3. Re: Error 1056 Timeout waiting for BESRVR.NLM to Initialize.

    "Peter Jam" wrote:
    >John Carlton wrote:
    >

    >> Dell4400 has been running fine for several years. All of a sudden
    >> I'm getting the "timeout occurred waiting for BESRVR.NLM to
    >> initialize" error (1056). I've seen the post about deleting the
    >> "MM" directory after installing new drive hardware but we haven't
    >> changed any hardware. However that does not fix this problem. Any
    >> clues to what else could be happeining. On boot up the
    >> server does find the DLT drive in the SCSI bus and recognize it.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> John

    >I too have a Poweredge 4400 NW6SP3 running BE9.1. I have tried
    >delaying startup of BE in the Startup.ncf to no avail. I have taken it
    >out and just run command bestart after server is up 10 or 15 minutes,
    >works wonderfully.

    I've seen the same problem (although on different hardware). If you load
    MONITOR after the timeout error, I've seen a BackupExec user opening and
    closing all the files in the CATALOG folder one at a time. With a large catalog
    folder this takes some time, and once it has finished, I've rerun BESTART
    and it's loaded okay.

    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread