Global Exclusions? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Global Exclusions? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm running BEN 9.0 on a fleet of NW 6.0 servers. On all the servers there are certain files and directories that are not to be backed up, but I can't seem to find a way to exclude those items ...

  1. Global Exclusions?

    I'm running BEN 9.0 on a fleet of NW 6.0 servers. On all the servers there
    are certain files and directories that are not to be backed up, but I can't
    seem to find a way to exclude those items except on a server-by-server
    basis.

    Is there any way to set global exclusions in a backup job?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Global Exclusions?

    Unfortunately not.
    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Global Exclusions?

    Michael
    > I'm running BEN 9.0 on a fleet of NW 6.0 servers. On all the servers there
    > are certain files and directories that are not to be backed up, but I can't
    > seem to find a way to exclude those items except on a server-by-server
    > basis.
    >
    > Is there any way to set global exclusions in a backup job?

    Have a look at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/189612.htm, it might
    help.

    Michael
    --
    "If it jams, force it. If it breaks,
    you probably needed a new one anyway"

  4. Re: Global Exclusions?

    That will work for all servers backed up by that media server. I was
    thinking more like my own environment where I have multiple media
    servers. No global way to do that.
    --

    -Barry.

  5. Re: Global Exclusions?

    Barry
    > That will work for all servers backed up by that media server. I was
    > thinking more like my own environment where I have multiple media
    > servers. No global way to do that.

    True (but then, how could you plan software to account for that?).
    Still, if the exclude information is the same for each server being
    backed up, amending the appropriate exclusion file and copying it across
    to the other media servers would be less of a chore than setting
    include/exclude for each selection.

    Michael
    --
    "If it jams, force it. If it breaks,
    you probably needed a new one anyway"

  6. Re: Global Exclusions?

    In article <3fffe562@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Michael wrote:

    > True (but then, how could you plan software to account for that?).

    Exactly -- I was just on the wrong track.

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread