Hebrew on ver.8 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Hebrew on ver.8 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, When i use the restore option to restore hebrew files from my server i can't see the hebrew fonts, only jibrish fonts. I have netware 4.11 sp9. thank you...

  1. Hebrew on ver.8

    Hi,

    When i use the restore option to restore hebrew files from my server i can't
    see the hebrew fonts, only jibrish fonts.
    I have netware 4.11 sp9.

    thank you

  2. Re: Hebrew on ver.8

    "ron" wrote in message news:3ffa9115@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hi,
    >
    > When i use the restore option to restore hebrew files from my server i

    can't
    > see the hebrew fonts, only jibrish fonts.
    > I have netware 4.11 sp9.
    >
    > thank you

    Hi Ron..

    It's been a mighty long time since I use 4.11, however, I don't believe your
    problem has to do with BE or the OS. When you save a document from a word
    processor, usually only the font id and family is saved (the fonts itself is
    not). If this document is opened on a PC that doesn't have that particular
    font, it will be substituted with the closest family matching font. Yes,
    sometimes that means jiberish.. or even arabic

    I think your best bet is to remember which PC created the file that was on
    your server and go back to that PC to retry it. If not, you can always
    install a multinational font/language pack.

  3. Re: Hebrew on ver.8

    "Raoul Watson" wrote:

    >"ron" wrote in message news:3ffa9115@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> When i use the restore option to restore hebrew files from my server i

    >can't
    >> see the hebrew fonts, only jibrish fonts.
    >> I have netware 4.11 sp9.
    >>
    >> thank you

    >Hi Ron..
    >
    >It's been a mighty long time since I use 4.11, however, I don't believe

    your
    >problem has to do with BE or the OS. When you save a document from a word
    >processor, usually only the font id and family is saved (the fonts itself

    is
    >not). If this document is opened on a PC that doesn't have that particular
    >font, it will be substituted with the closest family matching font. Yes,
    >sometimes that means jiberish.. or even arabic
    >
    >I think your best bet is to remember which PC created the file that was

    on
    >your server and go back to that PC to retry it. If not, you can always
    >install a multinational font/language pack.

    Hi,

    from where i can get this language pack ?

    thanks.

+ Reply to Thread