Media Name - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media Name - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to reuse tapes. I currently have a bunch of tapes with a label of 4MM_000001, 4MM_000002, etc. I want to start over and use a scheme of COA_000001. I think the backup is working the way I want ...

  1. Media Name

    I'm trying to reuse tapes. I currently have a bunch of tapes with a label
    of 4MM_000001, 4MM_000002, etc. I want to start over and use a scheme of
    COA_000001. I think the backup is working the way I want now, but I cannot
    figure out how to rename the tapes. I have erased them, but they still have
    the same name.

    I'm familiar with Arcserve. It had a choice of Quick Erase Plus that removed
    the tape serial number too (I am assuming that is the same as the Media Name
    in Backup Exec). How can I get rid of this name so I can start over with
    my new naming scheme??

    Thanks!

    Oh - Almost forgot - Backup Exec 9 for Netware.

  2. Re: Media Name

    Can't remember if this is in BE9.0 or not, but it's in 9.1. In the BE
    Console on your server go to Jobs|Utilities|Label.
    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Media Name

    not in 9.0. is 9.1 a free download, or do I have to upgrade this? I've only
    had it since July.

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Can't remember if this is in BE9.0 or not, but it's in 9.1.

  4. Re: Media Name

    You probably can get it for free from Veritas since you just bought 9.0
    recently, but you will have to call them to get the license keys.

    In the meantime you can download it and run it as a 30-day trial.

    Recommend you rename your existing installation folder so 9.1 doesn't
    overwrite it, just in case you want to go back to that version, don't
    qualify for a free upgrade, whatever...

    Also, I've had better success doing a fresh install vs upgrading.
    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread