VXA-1 and VXA-2 Needs Initializing After Backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on VXA-1 and VXA-2 Needs Initializing After Backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi There! After a Netware Restart, or Before any Backup, I need to initialize the media otherwise I get errors during the backup such as NDMP_NO_DEV(16) I have this problem with 2 sites.. BE9.1 and BE9 v4202. I have reinstalled ...

  1. VXA-1 and VXA-2 Needs Initializing After Backup

    Hi There!

    After a Netware Restart, or Before any Backup, I need to
    initialize the media otherwise I get errors during the
    backup such as NDMP_NO_DEV(16)

    I have this problem with 2 sites.. BE9.1 and BE9 v4202. I
    have reinstalled and renamed the MM Directory and tried
    everything I can think of..

    Can I set the backup to initalize the media before each
    backup?

  2. Re: VXA-1 and VXA-2 Needs Initializing After Backup

    In article <3ff48644@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Andre Southgate wrote:

    > Can I set the backup to initalize the media before each
    > backup?

    No, that can't be scheduled or otherwise incorporated into the backup.

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread