Backup order - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup order - Veritas Backup Exec ; How can I make a particular server get backed up first ? I have tried selecting it first when creating a backup job but this does not work. I am using nw 6 sp3 with BE 9 build 4175 Thanks ...

  1. Backup order

    How can I make a particular server get backed up first ?

    I have tried selecting it first when creating a backup job but this does not
    work.

    I am using nw 6 sp3 with BE 9 build 4175

    Thanks
    Gary

  2. Re: Backup order

    In article <3fddc4dd@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Veritas wrote:

    You would have to edit the job file in the JOBDATA folder using a text
    editor such as NOTEPAD or EDIT. DON'T use the workstation-based Admin
    Console for BE to do this. It has a tendency to scramble the job
    files.

    > I am using nw 6 sp3 with BE 9 build 4175

    Build 4202 really is a lot better.

    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Backup order

    Gary
    > I have tried selecting it first when creating a backup job but this does not
    > work.

    Rather than using the Java AC, you could use the NetWare AC to create
    the job:

    Michael
    --
    "If it jams, force it. If it breaks,