"Media found" error msg after reboot - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Media found" error msg after reboot - Veritas Backup Exec ; Greetings! After recent update of NW5.0 to NW5.1 our BackupExec8.5 Job Manager always displays the Error message after server reboots: "Media was found in drive xxx in loader xxx. Please manually remove this media before performing any operations". I have ...

  1. "Media found" error msg after reboot

    Greetings!
    After recent update of NW5.0 to NW5.1 our BackupExec8.5 Job Manager always
    displays the Error message after server reboots: "Media was found in drive
    xxx in loader xxx. Please manually remove this media before performing any
    operations". I have to Esc and only then the Scheduler unit initializes.
    All our disk and storage drivers are up to date. Any ideas on what the
    error is and why?
    This is very inconvenient since the server sometimes abends and reboots after
    hours, when I am not here to Esc from the error, and then we have no backups.

  2. Re: "Media found" error msg after reboot

    "Jana Lebedin" wrote in message

    > Greetings!
    > After recent update of NW5.0 to NW5.1 our BackupExec8.5 Job Manager always
    > displays the Error message after server reboots: "Media was found in

    drive
    > xxx in loader xxx. Please manually remove this media before performing

    any
    > operations". I have to Esc and only then the Scheduler unit initializes.
    > All our disk and storage drivers are up to date. Any ideas on what the
    > error is and why?
    > This is very inconvenient since the server sometimes abends and reboots

    after
    > hours, when I am not here to Esc from the error, and then we have no

    backups.

    This has happened to me a couple of times, usually when the server needs to
    be rebooted and a tape is inside the drive.

    It makes sense since BE doesn't really know what tape is in the drive at
    that time. i.e. it is possible for us to insert a tape in the drive and then
    start the server.

+ Reply to Thread