Backup Exec Administrators - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Administrators - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm running Backup Exec v9 for NetWare and can't find the option for setting up Backup Exec Administrators. This ability is handy when you want to give someone access to deal with backup alerts, view job logs, etc but you ...

  1. Backup Exec Administrators

    I'm running Backup Exec v9 for NetWare and can't find the option for setting
    up Backup Exec Administrators. This ability is handy when you want to give
    someone access to deal with backup alerts, view job logs, etc but you don't
    want them to have NetWare Admin equivilent rights.

    Anyone know what happened to this function?

    Thanks,

    Kenny

  2. Re: Backup Exec Administrators

    Looks like that's something you do from NWAdmin. Find the object
    titled "BkupExec_" (which will be in the same container as the
    server) and go into Details. There you'll find a tab/button titled
    "Backup Exec Administrators". You can add members there.

    In Console One it's similar -- find the object, go into Properties.
    On the Other tab you modify the "Operator" attribute. Click the [Add]
    button add new members.
    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Backup Exec Administrators

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Looks like that's something you do from NWAdmin. Find the object
    >titled "BkupExec_" (which will be in the same container as the

    >server) and go into Details. There you'll find a tab/button titled
    >"Backup Exec Administrators". You can add members there.
    >
    >In Console One it's similar -- find the object, go into Properties.
    >On the Other tab you modify the "Operator" attribute. Click the [Add]
    >button add new members.
    >--
    >
    >-Barry.

    I wouldn't have even thought to look in NDS (though it makes much more sense).
    It was always done in the past through the Backup Exec Job Manager.

    Thanks!

    Kenny

  4. Re: Backup Exec Administrators

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Looks like that's something you do from NWAdmin. Find the object
    >titled "BkupExec_" (which will be in the same container as the

    >server) and go into Details. There you'll find a tab/button titled
    >"Backup Exec Administrators". You can add members there.
    >
    >In Console One it's similar -- find the object, go into Properties.
    >On the Other tab you modify the "Operator" attribute. Click the [Add]
    >button add new members.
    >--
    >
    >-Barry.

    Ok, What do I do if my object "BkupExec_ has a ? to the left and
    its Details are greyed out. And in C1 there's no such object at all!

  5. Re: Backup Exec Administrators

    You have to use NWAdmin. Afaik, there's no BE snapin for C1.
    If you still have the white square [?] that means the snapin isn't
    installed for that copy of NWAdmin. Try running NWAdmin from the same
    server that BE is installed on.

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread