Admin Console be9.1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Admin Console be9.1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi! I have installed BE9.1 from my ws and also installed the admin-console on this ws. this worked fine! Now I wanted to install it on an other ws, installation wasok, but I am not able to administrate my server ...

  1. Admin Console be9.1

    Hi!
    I have installed BE9.1 from my ws and also installed the admin-console on
    this ws. this worked fine!
    Now I wanted to install it on an other ws, installation wasok, but I am not
    able to administrate my server from this workstation. after the login to my
    media-server the console starts, but there is an big red X at the right
    corner. the status shows unknown.
    ping to the servername is ok, so dns-resolve is working!
    I have tried to update my windows2000ws with sp4, serveral patches and
    reinstalled the console without success.
    Then I tried to install execview on this ws, but also not success.
    (sql says I have to use an secure-password, no clue how I can handle
    this:-(( )
    any ideas ????
    thanks ahead
    chris

  2. Re: Admin Console be9.1

    sorry double posting :-(

    chris
    "chris k" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi!
    > I have installed BE9.1 from my ws and also installed the admin-console on
    > this ws. this worked fine!
    > Now I wanted to install it on an other ws, installation wasok, but I am

    not
    > able to administrate my server from this workstation. after the login to

    my
    > media-server the console starts, but there is an big red X at the right
    > corner. the status shows unknown.
    > ping to the servername is ok, so dns-resolve is working!
    > I have tried to update my windows2000ws with sp4, serveral patches and
    > reinstalled the console without success.
    > Then I tried to install execview on this ws, but also not success.
    > (sql says I have to use an secure-password, no clue how I can handle
    > this:-(( )
    > any ideas ????
    > thanks ahead
    > chris