GWTSA Not clearing connection. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on GWTSA Not clearing connection. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Environment: NW 5.1 SP6 BENW 8.5 (Build 4106) GW 65 with GWTSA (ver 6.05a June23, 2003) Since we started using GWTSA to backup the POA and DOMAIN, the backup user does not get cleared when the backup finishes and it ...

  1. GWTSA Not clearing connection.

    Environment:

    NW 5.1 SP6
    BENW 8.5 (Build 4106)
    GW 65 with GWTSA (ver 6.05a June23, 2003)

    Since we started using GWTSA to backup the POA and DOMAIN, the backup user
    does not get cleared when the backup finishes and it spawns a new connection
    each night when the backup runs. Even though the backup completes successfully
    over the period of a week there will be five user licenses and connections
    consumed by the backup user. They cannot be cleared from the console. Only
    a server restart clears them.

    When the server is downed for the restart it says that each of these backup
    user instances has files open, usually in the volume:\POA\OFFILES\ Directory..

    Any Ideas?

    Thanks!

    Ed

  2. Re: GWTSA Not clearing connection.

    Hi Ed!
    i think you can clean the connection by unloading the following:
    beremote (bestop)
    gwtsa and/or tsaxxx
    (you might have to unload smdr manually)
    but be aware: this could also lock your console/server, so try this not at
    working-hours!
    (get a new console with alt+crtl+shift+esc)
    after this try to dwongrade to the original gwtsa that came with gw6.5 (i
    think gwtsa version 6.05 from 16. jan 03)

    hope this works
    chris

    "Ed" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Environment:
    >
    > NW 5.1 SP6
    > BENW 8.5 (Build 4106)
    > GW 65 with GWTSA (ver 6.05a June23, 2003)
    >
    > Since we started using GWTSA to backup the POA and DOMAIN, the backup user
    > does not get cleared when the backup finishes and it spawns a new

    connection
    > each night when the backup runs. Even though the backup completes

    successfully
    > over the period of a week there will be five user licenses and connections
    > consumed by the backup user. They cannot be cleared from the console.

    Only
    > a server restart clears them.
    >
    > When the server is downed for the restart it says that each of these

    backup
    > user instances has files open, usually in the volume:\POA\OFFILES\

    Directory..

    > Any Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Ed