NSS and BackupExec 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NSS and BackupExec 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can you use BackupExec 8.5 to backup NSS volumes. I have a Groupwise Server that I would like to have an NSS volume instead of traditional volumes. Can I still use gwtsa with the NSS volume and back it up ...

  1. NSS and BackupExec 8.5

    Can you use BackupExec 8.5 to backup NSS volumes. I have a Groupwise Server
    that I would like to have an NSS volume instead of traditional volumes. Can
    I still use gwtsa with the NSS volume and back it up and restore
    successfully.

    Thanks,
    Chris

  2. Re: NSS and BackupExec 8.5

    "Chris Byrd" wrote:
    >Can you use BackupExec 8.5 to backup NSS volumes. I have a Groupwise Server
    >that I would like to have an NSS volume instead of traditional volumes.

    Can
    >I still use gwtsa with the NSS volume and back it up and restore
    >successfully.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Chris

    Hi Chris.
    Its supported. There's only one potential problem i've heard of and fortunately
    a technote covers it; point your i/net browser to; http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255934.htm

  3. Re: NSS and BackupExec 8.5

    Thanks so much. I appreciate the reply.

    Chris