Backup to Disk limitation with SSO? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup to Disk limitation with SSO? - Veritas Backup Exec ; So, does anyone know the reason behind this? Comes as something of a surprise, since in a search through the manual, white papers, product specifications, etc. doesn't really seem to bring this up as a limitation. Including the technote on ...

  1. Backup to Disk limitation with SSO?

    So, does anyone know the reason behind this? Comes as something of a
    surprise, since in a search through the manual, white papers, product
    specifications, etc. doesn't really seem to bring this up as a
    limitation. Including the technote on how to create a backup to disk folder.

    I had no idea that my spending extra to support my SAN-attached tape
    library would prevent me from actually using a new feature.

  2. Re: Backup to Disk limitation with SSO?

    I'm in the same boat, and really it started with 9.0 when I lost the
    ability to have locally attached tape drives on media servers
    participating in the SAN. Pay more. Get less!
    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread