be91 does not recognize tapechanges in slots/drives.... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on be91 does not recognize tapechanges in slots/drives.... - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi! After 2 successfull weeks be91+leo options does not recognize any tape/slotmoves at my dell-pv132t-2lto2drives! I restarted the server and the libary twice, have not tapes im my drives, but be shows me that there is an tape in my ...

  1. be91 does not recognize tapechanges in slots/drives....

    Hi!
    After 2 successfull weeks be91+leo options does not recognize any
    tape/slotmoves at my dell-pv132t-2lto2drives!
    I restarted the server and the libary twice, have not tapes im my drives,
    but be shows me that there is an tape in my drive ... (even aften using
    "eject tape" from utilities without errors...)
    I also tried to initialize , scan and reboot!
    but even if I try to manualy change the loaded tape on the libary, be9.1
    still shows the old tape in this drive....
    (at my backup-jobs I get the error "Can't return media to original position"
    druring or at the beginning at be-jobs!)
    any ideas ??????

    thanks ahead
    chris

    configuration:
    be9.1 0306 +leo-option Driver Set 02 installed
    dell powervalut 132T with 2 LTO2 drives
    cpq 380dlg3
    nw6.5

  2. Re: be91 does not recognize tapechanges in slots/drives....

    BESTOP, then rename SYS:BKUPEXEC\MM folder to MM-OLD. BESTART. You
    will have to redefine your partitions but it should clear that
    condition.
    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: be91 does not recognize tapechanges in slots/drives....

    Hi Barry!
    thx for answer...
    I have updated my firmware's on the libary and with this I lost my
    hardware-settings in be91. After reconfiguring there were no such error !!!
    (I think this might be the same effect than your suggestion ??...)
    I was able to format my tapes with both of my drives. But after starting my
    backup the second drive stopped working at the beginning with the second
    remote client(nw6.5server)! the job hangs, but the first remote clients
    (also nw6.5) seemed to be backuped fine .....
    The first tape is still doing an other remote client (nw5.1) fine ....
    could this be an hardware-problem????? I think so ....
    so I tried to make a test-job with the 2nd (fault??) driver but:
    1. I am not able to stop the job
    2. I am not able to select the netware-filesystem on my desired remote
    server, I can only select the nds at this server (never have had this
    before...)
    please please help ......
    this is a quite big frustration

    thanks ahead chris
    PS: I have had more troubles with be9.1 in two month than I have had with
    be8.5 in two years .....

    "Barry St.John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > BESTOP, then rename SYS:BKUPEXEC\MM folder to MM-OLD. BESTART. You
    > will have to redefine your partitions but it should clear that
    > condition.
    > --
    >
    > -Barry.

  4. Re: be91 does not recognize tapechanges in slots/drives....

    In article <3fb2a1be@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Chris wrote:

    > I have updated my firmware's on the libary and with this I lost my
    > hardware-settings in be91. After reconfiguring there were no such error !!!
    > (I think this might be the same effect than your suggestion ??...)

    Yes, same effect because as far as BE is concerned you installed a new
    library.

    As for whether you have a hardware error, try swapping the jobs around so the
    problem job goes the other drive that worked, and the job that worked goes to
    the drive that seemed to have the problem. If the problem stays with the
    drive, investigate it as a hardware problem. BTW, does BE show any errors
    for the drive? Drives|Robots|Enter|Enter|Select drive and press [F4], look at
    Statistics.

    Otherwise, it's probably a communications problem of some sort with the
    remote agent.

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread