After Upgrade from BE 9.0 to BE 9.1 Unable to connecto remote servers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on After Upgrade from BE 9.0 to BE 9.1 Unable to connecto remote servers - Veritas Backup Exec ; Trying to run a backup on our GroupWise server from a job and policy that was created prior to our upgrade from BE 9.0 to BE 9.1. When I do an F5 Agent refresh from the NW admin console, the ...

  1. After Upgrade from BE 9.0 to BE 9.1 Unable to connecto remote servers

    Trying to run a backup on our GroupWise server from a job and policy
    that was created prior to our upgrade from BE 9.0 to BE 9.1. When I do
    an F5 Agent refresh from the NW admin console, the media server does not
    see any of the remote servers.

    I know this happend on occassion in BE 8.5 and simply and simply ran the
    BEINSTL and added the remote servers that way.

    I did LOAD NEW SMDR and that seemed to work. Both my TSAANDS and TSA510
    NLMS have loaded. Still the error I get is "Could not attach to
    dataserver GROUPWISE_SERVER. Selections for GROUPWISE_Server. Netware
    file system will be skipped." This error is displayed for each volume
    being backed up.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: After Upgrade from BE 9.0 to BE 9.1 Unable to connecto remote servers

    Your NDMPSVRS.DAT file should contain a list of remote servers along
    with their IP addresses and BE license numbers. That's what [F5] keys
    off of. You can edit it with any text editor.

    When you upgraded your media server I'm guessing you did not also
    upgrade your remote agents. Installing the remote agents would have
    asked you which media server was protecting the remote server. That
    process creates the entry in NDMPSVRS.DAT. Or, if you have mulitple
    media servers, you might have configured the remote to be protected by
    a different media server than the one in question. That's OK, just
    edit NDMPSVRS.DAT on that server and cut and paste what you want out of
    it to the NDPMSVRS.DAT file on the other media server.

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread