backup to disk ... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on backup to disk ... - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can the backup to disk folder be on a remote server (not the media server, but rather a server running the remote agent for Netware)? Also -- is there an option to do this kind of backup as a "copy ...

  1. backup to disk ...

    Can the backup to disk folder be on a remote server (not the media
    server, but rather a server running the remote agent for Netware)?

    Also -- is there an option to do this kind of backup as a "copy job", so
    that the files remain in native format? (if no -- gees! I would love
    that old arcserve feature in BE!)

    Peter

  2. Re: backup to disk ...

    Doesn't appear you can redirect B2D jobs to a different server.
    Certainly not as good an implementation as ARCserve's. Also can't do
    B2D jobs if you have Shared Storage Option installed.

    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: backup to disk ...

    indeed --

    in fact it appears to only treat a spot on the disk as tape --- it is
    not the "much awaited" "copy" backup type that I STAILL GREATLY MISS
    from arcserve (though that is nearly the only thing I miss.,...)

    Any why you cannot do this with shared storage option --- is freaking
    idiotic!

    Gees ...

    Barry St.John wrote:
    > Doesn't appear you can redirect B2D jobs to a different server.
    > Certainly not as good an implementation as ARCserve's. Also can't do
    > B2D jobs if you have Shared Storage Option installed.
    >
    > --
    >
    > -Barry.

  4. Re: backup to disk ...

    In article <3faffa87@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Pvl wrote:

    > Any why you cannot do this with shared storage option --- is freaking
    > idiotic!

    Yep. Same thing with locally attached tape drives. You can't use them
    in conjunction with SSO. Wasn't that way in 8.5, though.

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread