Notes databases skipped - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Notes databases skipped - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Backup exec acts in a most peculiar way for me. This is the setup: - Lotus notes server (Windows NT) with issues (not relevant) - Windows 2000 server with the Windows agent for Novell installed. This server replicates the ...

  1. Notes databases skipped

    Hi,

    Backup exec acts in a most peculiar way for me. This is the setup:
    - Lotus notes server (Windows NT) with issues (not relevant)
    - Windows 2000 server with the Windows agent for Novell installed. This
    server replicates the previous one.
    - NetWare 5 server with tape library and Backup Exec installed.

    The idea is that we take a backup of the Notes databases on replicating server
    through the network. Please note that when we do so, Domino is not running
    on this server, so the files are not in use.

    Now the strange thing:

    all the .nsf files are skipped without notice. All the other files are backed
    up, except the .nsf files. When I rename a .nsf file to for instance a .doc
    file, it get backed up. Here is a part of the log file:

    Backup set started: 10/28/03 at 01:32:32p
    Drive: "HA:0 ID:1 LUN:0 IBM ULTRIUM-TD1"

    Total directories: 2
    Total files: 0
    Total bytes: 296
    Total time: 00:00:13
    Throughput: 22 bytes/second

    Backup set ended: 10/28/03 at 01:32:51p

    Yes there were .nsf files in the directory.

    I have also checked the .NKS files in the sys:bkupexec directory, but without
    success.

    Can anyone help me?

    thanks in advance,

    ing Bart Wille

  2. Re: Notes databases skipped

    Make sure you don't have specific exclusions for that file type in the
    NOVELL.NKS file.
    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread