Backup Exec 8.5 - Netware6 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 8.5 - Netware6 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am currently running Backup Exec 8.5 on a Netware6 server. I am having lots of problems with files being skipped but so far these issues seem random. I have installed the latest release of 8.5 and still havce issues. ...

  1. Backup Exec 8.5 - Netware6

    I am currently running Backup Exec 8.5 on a Netware6 server. I am having lots
    of problems with files being skipped but so far these issues seem random.
    I have installed the latest release of 8.5 and still havce issues.

    Is there a patch / fix that will allow 8.5 to run relaibly?

    Thanks in advance... MAO.

  2. Re: Backup Exec 8.5 - Netware6

    MAO
    > Is there a patch / fix that will allow 8.5 to run relaibly?

    Since BE8.5 isn't designed for, or supported on NW6, I wouldn't expect
    anything on these lines from Veritas

    Michael
    --
    "If it jams, force it. If it breaks,
    you probably needed a new one anyway"

  3. Re: Backup Exec 8.5 - Netware6

    Serach threads on supportforums @ On 4 Sep 2003 10:21:58 -0500, "MAO"
    wrote:

    >I am currently running Backup Exec 8.5 on a Netware6 server. I am having lots
    >of problems with files being skipped but so far these issues seem random.
    >I have installed the latest release of 8.5 and still havce issues.
    >
    >Is there a patch / fix that will allow 8.5 to run relaibly?
    >
    >Thanks in advance... MAO.

  4. Re: Backup Exec 8.5 - Netware6

    Search at Novell forums (backup related) for my name and or BE 8.5.
    We/I have gathered some infos there.

    I have running BE 8.5 on NW6

    Cheers

    On 4 Sep 2003 10:21:58 -0500, "MAO"
    wrote:

    >I am currently running Backup Exec 8.5 on a Netware6 server. I am having lots
    >of problems with files being skipped but so far these issues seem random.
    >I have installed the latest release of 8.5 and still havce issues.
    >
    >Is there a patch / fix that will allow 8.5 to run relaibly?
    >
    >Thanks in advance... MAO.

+ Reply to Thread