1050 error caused by Hardware fault? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 1050 error caused by Hardware fault? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been using Backup exec 9.0 with NW6 / Sony DS11000/ DELL4600 poweredge since January without problem. Last month had a backup job end in error and a "Tape Alert!" warning. I could only clear this and remove the ...

  1. 1050 error caused by Hardware fault?

    I have been using Backup exec 9.0 with NW6 / Sony DS11000/ DELL4600 poweredge
    since January without problem.

    Last month had a backup job end in error and a "Tape Alert!" warning. I
    could only clear this and remove the tape cartridge by rebooting the server.
    After this i got a 1050 error "device driver init error "

    Sinse no settings were changed manually and the startup and autoexec ncf
    files are unchanged, could something else have changed on its own. Could
    there be a faulty component. SCSI card or tape drive?

    Ken whitmore

  2. Re: 1050 error caused by Hardware fault?

    If this is an external tape drive, when you reboot the server you
    should not just warm boot, but power cycle the server AND the tape
    drive. Otherwise there is always a signal on the SCSI chain and the
    controller might not reset properly.
    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread