Drive disabled after installing BE 9.0 4202 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Drive disabled after installing BE 9.0 4202 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, yesterday i installed the new BackupExec 9.0 Rel. 4202 on my NW6 SP2-Server over an existing installation of the older release 4175 (??). After a restart of BackupExec my drive state was set to disabled. My partitions in the ...

  1. Drive disabled after installing BE 9.0 4202

    Hello,

    yesterday i installed the new BackupExec 9.0 Rel. 4202 on my NW6
    SP2-Server over an existing installation of the older release 4175 (??).
    After a restart of BackupExec my drive state was set to disabled. My
    partitions in the autoloader (ADIC Faststor22 with Quantum DLT 40/80
    connected via Adaptec 29160) had the disabled state, too. Then i was
    able able to enable the drive and the partitions and i performed a
    backup. But after unloading/loading BackupExec the drive and the
    partition were disabled again. Any hints? Should i downgrade the
    version?

    Kind regards,
    Thomas
    --
    Fachhochschule Bielefeld http://www.fh-bielefeld.de
    Fachbereich Wirtschaft

  2. Re: Drive disabled after installing BE 9.0 4202

    I ran into that, too, on the one I upgraded. On the next one I did it
    as a new install (renamed SYS:BKUPEXEC folder before installing) and
    didn't have the problem.
    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Drive disabled after installing BE 9.0 4202

    "Barry St.John" schrieb:

    > I ran into that, too, on the one I upgraded. On the next one I did it
    > as a new install (renamed SYS:BKUPEXEC folder before installing) and
    > didn't have the problem.
    > --
    >
    > -Barry.

    OK. But what my about my existing installation? I woluld like to use my
    old backup jobs and catalogs. Do you think downgrading to built 4175
    would be a solution?
    But in my mind, Veritas should do their work and publish another
    workaround or a fix for this problem.

    Thanks for your help!

    Greetings,
    Thomas

    --
    Fachhochschule Bielefeld http://www.fh-bielefeld.de
    Fachbereich Wirtschaft
    Dipl.-Wirt.Ing Thomas Degenhardt
    Universitätsstraße 25 Tel : +49 521/106-3898
    D-33615 Bielefeld Fax : +49 521/106-6420

  4. Re: Drive disabled after installing BE 9.0 4202

    Since the web console messed up so many of my backup jobs (I have about
    130 of them) I decided to bite the bullet and recreate them all. That
    way I knew they'd all be good.

    As for the catalogs, I figure to do them only if I have to restore.

    The db structure changes with 4202, so rather than trust a conversion
    util...

    Yeah, it was a lot of work, but now things are a lot more stable than
    they've been in months. Still not where I'd like it to be, but...

    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread