Media names - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media names - Veritas Backup Exec ; If you perform a one-off backup the media name defaults to something like "Media Created on Aug 5, 2003". How can you set up a (daily) scheduled job so that the media name's date actually changes each time? If you ...

  1. Media names

    If you perform a one-off backup the media name defaults to something like
    "Media Created on Aug 5, 2003". How can you set up a (daily) scheduled job
    so that the media name's date actually changes each time? If you give the
    actual date with the job then you end up with *every* tape called, for
    example, "Media Created on Aug 5, 2003". If you leave the name blank in the
    job then you get a tape with no name. Is there some trick to getting the
    tapes named correctly - something like putting "Media Created on %DATE%" on
    the job?

    TIA,
    Graham

  2. Re: Media names

    OK - I found TID 249347 which explains it.

    Graham wrote:

    > If you perform a one-off backup the media name defaults to something
    > like "Media Created on Aug 5, 2003". How can you set up a (daily)
    > scheduled job so that the media name's date actually changes each
    > time? If you give the actual date with the job then you end up with
    > *every* tape called, for example, "Media Created on Aug 5, 2003". If
    > you leave the name blank in the job then you get a tape with no name.
    > Is there some trick to getting the tapes named correctly - something
    > like putting "Media Created on %DATE%" on the job?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Graham

+ Reply to Thread