Unable to Load - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to Load - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am having problems getting version 9 to load on my Netware 6 sp3 server. After typing in bestart, I try to login; I've tried my account, the backup account that I had created, and even the admin account for ...

  1. Unable to Load

    I am having problems getting version 9 to load on my Netware 6 sp3 server.
    After
    typing in bestart, I try to login; I've tried my account, the backup account
    that I had created, and even the admin account for the tree. However, I
    continue to get the following error. Can Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

    Beginning the initialization procedure
    Current system parameters are as follows
    LoadType: Not specified
    API mode: Directory Services
    Driver: ASPI Compliant
    DMA mode: Use all memory
    Driver mode: Synchronous
    ASPI Manager: Using BECDM.CDM
    Driver bus mode: Physical Bus
    Autoload Novell TSAs: 1
    Validate NLM Versions: 1
    Validate memory: 1
    Debug: On: 0 ZL: 0
    Internal: RA: 0 RQ: 0 MC: 0 UB: 0 LE: 0
    Initializing internal control parameters
    Initializing secondary control parameters
    Couldn't retrieve the previous products history path from upgrade.cfg, setting
    it to default

    Initializing system operating paths
    Initializing NOS Links
    Initializing Load Subsystem
    Initialization complete
    Validating system environment
    Validating system databases
    Check upgrade status...

    Validating NDS environment
    Validating Backup Exec Account
    Setting the Account context to: <.USR.UKY>
    Setting the Queue context to: <.USR.UKY>
    GrantAccessToServer: NWDSModifyObject(1) -- <-601>.
    GrantAccessToServer: NWDSModifyObject(2) -- <-601>.
    GrantAccessToServer: NWDSModifyObject(3) -- <-601>.
    BE_CreateBEAccount: NWDSRemoveObject -- <-601>.
    Unable to create account <.Backup_Exec.USR.UKY>
    Unable to create the Backup Exec account
    Unable to initialize the Backup Exec server account

  2. Re: Unable to Load

    Paul
    > I am having problems getting version 9 to load on my Netware 6 sp3 server.

    Is this the latest build (i.e. 4202)? Make sure it is first.
    Do the users you have tried have Supervisor rights to the [Root] of the
    tree? Also try adding a specific rights assignment to the container that
    the server resides in to that user.

    > BE_CreateBEAccount: NWDSRemoveObject -- <-601>.
    > Unable to create account <.Backup_Exec.USR.UKY>
    > Unable to create the Backup Exec account
    > Unable to initialize the Backup Exec server account

    Have you also tried deleting the BE objects from NWAdmin/ConsoleOne?

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"