Trying to restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Trying to restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have just upgraded a server from NW 5.1 to NW 6. At the same time I also upgraded BE8.5 to BE9. I am trying to restore a file from volume SYS on an old tape to volume DATA on ...

  1. Trying to restore

    I have just upgraded a server from NW 5.1 to NW 6. At the same time I also
    upgraded BE8.5 to BE9.

    I am trying to restore a file from volume SYS on an old tape to volume DATA
    on the new server.

    It tells me:

    Could not connect to XXX.NetWare File System/XXX/DATA:. The login creden-
    tials may be incorrect. All selections for this device will be skipped.

    I can submit backups just fine.

    Can anyone give me a steer?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Trying to restore

    Try restoring them to SYS then manually copying the files over to DATA
    after.
    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread