BackupExec9 and edirectory 8.6.2 sp4 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackupExec9 and edirectory 8.6.2 sp4 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Since installing edirectory 8.6.2 sp4, BackupExec has failed to start correctly when the server is rebooted. I am running Netware 6, SP4, with BackupExec 9.0.4202, and edirectory 8.6.2 sp4. If I delete the MM directory and then restart backupexec, everything ...

  1. BackupExec9 and edirectory 8.6.2 sp4

    Since installing edirectory 8.6.2 sp4, BackupExec has failed to start
    correctly when the server is rebooted.

    I am running Netware 6, SP4, with BackupExec 9.0.4202, and edirectory 8.6.2
    sp4.

    If I delete the MM directory and then restart backupexec, everything appears
    to work properly until the server is restarted. Manually deleting the mm
    directory again resolves the problem, but obviously this isn't a long term
    fix.

    Are there any known issues with edirectory 8.6.2 sp4, or any others which
    exhibit these symptoms?

    BackupExec appears to be so flakey - everytime I patch or update something,
    BackupExec seems to fall over...

    Any points would be gratefully received!

    Richard Linney

  2. Re: BackupExec9 and edirectory 8.6.2 sp4

    Richard
    > Since installing edirectory 8.6.2 sp4, BackupExec has failed to start
    > correctly when the server is rebooted.

    What's the actual error message?

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"