THDW initialization Failure - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on THDW initialization Failure - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running a Netware 6 SP2 server with BE 9.0 v4175, this server has had BE on it for a while, have never been able to get it to work. Keep getting this error on the "Logger Screen": "BESRVR.NLM: ...

  1. THDW initialization Failure

    I am running a Netware 6 SP2 server with BE 9.0 v4175,
    this server has had BE on it for a while, have never been able to get it
    to work.
    Keep getting this error on the "Logger Screen": "BESRVR.NLM: THDW
    initialization Failure", the next line reads: "BESRVR.NLM: Engine is
    Unloading". On the "Surestart console" i get this: "error: 1050
    Device driver load was unsuccessful. etc.........". I am using a Quantum
    VS80
    (Benchmark DLT1) tape drive, an Adaptec 29160 SCSI card, of which both are
    supported(according to Veritas' site). I have exhausted myself on support
    sites
    (Novell & Veritas included). If anybody has any kind of information, I would
    surely
    appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    Jason

  2. Re: THDW initialization Failure

    Is this a new install or an update? I have seen this problem, but I'm
    trying to recall what the details were. There were no technotes on it
    in Veritas' knowledgebase.
    --

    -Barry.

  3. Re: THDW initialization Failure

    I'm having the same problem. It is with a new installation. Any ideas?

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Is this a new install or an update? I have seen this problem, but I'm
    >trying to recall what the details were. There were no technotes on it
    >in Veritas' knowledgebase.
    >--
    >
    >-Barry.

  4. Re: THDW initialization Failure

    Sorry, I just don't remember what I did to correct this, and there
    isn't anything in the Veritas Knowledgebase about it.

    Do make sure you don't run BESTART too soon. Make sure NetWare is
    completely finished loading. Starting too soon can cause BE to report
    false hardware errors while loading.
    --

    -Barry.

  5. Re: THDW initialization Failure

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Is this a new install or an update? I have seen this problem, but I'm
    >trying to recall what the details were. There were no technotes on it
    >in Veritas' knowledgebase.
    >--
    >
    >-Barry.

    Barry,

    I had this same issue on Compaq hardware. Nothing changed in the environment
    except for a server reboot. Got the 1056 error in the BE SureStart screen.
    I unloaded becdm.cdm and then loaded bestart. BE loaded up and logged in.
    This is on Netware 6.5 and BE 9.1. Hope this helps you.

    Julie

  6. Re: THDW initialization Failure

    Thanks for sharing. I believe when it happened to me it was either on
    an early release of 9.0 or a later release of 8.5. Looks like yours
    was easier to fix, so there's another reason to upgrade. ;-)

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread